Monday, November 18, 2019

Report on the final farewell to my Mom

Spent the weekend saying the final good bye to my mother, who died 12 November and was laid to rest on 18 November. Huge thanks to my sister Penny who led the preparations for the last good byes.
Special thanks to all who sent warm thoughts and condolences in person or here on Facebook. Very special thanks to Maria Ferro (my classmate 50 years ago at St. Joseph's) who came to the church to express her condolences in person.
I'm sorry the car ride up to Blue Bell stiffened my legs so that I  couldn't move around and spend more time with friends and family. Back home this morning I did walk my normal 100 feet and completed 2 sets of arm and leg exercises, so a night of rest and I'm recovered to my pre-trip level. (Which is still not that great, but improving every day.)
My Mother's remains looked amazingly good for the viewing. She looked at peace and happy to move on to the final destination.
The funeral mass was extremely well done; the Mass was con-celebrated by 4 priests; the Monsignor who gave the homily did a great job characterizing her life and hinted that she could be considered a living saint; my son Matt gave the eulogy which was equally heartfelt, although we weren't allowed to say she was a living saint.
It was a bit brisk at the grave site  but we all got to say a final good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment