Thursday, April 18, 2019

Another excellent VDH column. Reviews the history from 50 years ago that I witnessed as an adolescent. But the turmoil didn't affect me. My parents and I were too busy turning a cornfield into a new homestead. "An acre and independence" a Erle Stanley Gardner once said. Both parents worked their butts off, doing a day job then spending hours after work at the new home riding from the corn field. Turmoil from the Liberal elites then didn't matter, those people had too much time on their hands and my family had no free time.
It is repeating again now. As Char and I battle new infirmites and provide direction as our "forever" home rises from a converted cow pasture I remember and apply both the home construction, and life, lessons I learned from my parents 50 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment